Before you get going
Installing your blind is easy and fun. Follow these 4 steps, then kick back and admire a job well done.
Here's how to do it:
1 Get organised
Unpack your custom kit, and lay out your honeycomb blind on a clean floor, under your window.
2 Installing the brackets
Keep the end brackets 50mm in from the edge of the architrave, space evenly across the window.
Mark if necessary and pre drill 2 holes. Secure the brackets with screws.
Ensure that the height of your bracket is at the height which you measured for your order.
3 Positioning the track
- Lift the track into place, ensuring that it is evenly spaced across your window.
- Insert the back of the bracket into the groove on the top at the rear of the track.
- Lift the front of the track up and click into place.
4 Make it child safe
Fasten the cleats to the wall using the screws provided. Do not use tape or glue.
The cord must not form a loop longer than 220mm and should be wound entirely around the cleat.
We take Australian child safety laws seriously. The cleats must be installed at least 1600mm above floor level, because a child is capable of unwinding a cord from a cleat. See 'Let's get real about child safety' at the bottom for more info. info.
Congrats, you did it! Before you kick back and admire a job well done, don’t forget to snap some photos and share your look with us. And tag us on Instagram to really make our day.
Let's get real about child safety.
Children don't understand that a chain wrapped around their neck can tighten and strangle them in just a few minutes if they sit down, roll around or climb down to the floor.
Children have died when the loop went over their head or they got tangled in a loose chain while:
- sleeping in a cot or bed near to where chains are hanging
- playing near chains, or
- standing on a chair, sofa or bed to look out of a window.
You must follow the Australian Government requirements when installing your blind.
- Install your p clip exactly as per step 5 of this guide
- Don't remove the warning label that comes attached to your blind
- Attach your own label with your name and contact details (or the details of whoever is installing your blind for you)
Have a question? We’re here to help
1300 918 390
Mon to Fri 8am - 7pm & Sat 10am - 3pm