Terms & Conditions – Somfy Connexoon Promotion
- The Promotion
- DIY Blinds will provide a Somfy Connexoon hub free of charge for every unique purchase of Motorised Window Coverings or Retrofit motors incorporating at least (4) Somfy RTS motors during the period of the promotion.
- A Somfy RTS motor can be wired or wire free roller blind and curtain motors.
- At least (4) Somfy RTS motors need to be purchased in (1) single transaction.
- Customers must be located and delivery of products made within Australia.
- A limit of (1) Connexoon hub applies per Purchaser and per commercial or residential premises.
- The promotion will run from 12.00am Monday 14th September until 11.59pm Wednesday 2nd December.
- Use of Purchasers Personal Information
- By acceptance of the free Somfy Connexoon hub during this promotion, customers agree to allow DIY Blinds to provide both their NAME and EMAIL ADDRESS to Somfy for the purpose of direct marketing.
- If customers do not agree to allow DIY Blinds to provide Somfy their NAME and EMAIL ADDRESS they can leave a note during the online checkout process stating that they do not wish to be a part of this promotion and not receive the free Somfy Connexoon hub.
- General Terms & Conditions
- All other DIY Blinds Term & Conditions not covered by the items outlined specifically for the promotion apply
The terms and conditions apply to all goods you purchase from us at a distance. These terms and conditions have been written to make sure you understand you rights as one of our valued customers. All orders placed with us are subject to these terms and conditions, so it’s important that you read them carefully.
In no way do we intend to limit your statutory rights as a consumer in these terms and conditions, nor limit our liability for any loss that occurs as a result of our negligence. We take accountability for problems that are created by our mistakes and hold ourselves to the highest standards to provide the best possible customer experience.
In these terms:
‘Goods’ means the blinds, curtains or shutters supplied by us, which are the subject of your Order.
‘Order’ means an order made by you for the supply of Goods.
‘Order Form’ means our on-line ordering process, in particular the final page in this process where you can check your Order before clicking ‘Confirm Order’.
‘Price’ means the price of the Goods, plus any delivery charges.
‘Sales Literature’ means all brochures, drawings, descriptive matter, specifications and websites used by us to advertise and promote the Goods.
‘You’ means the person ordering the Goods from us.
‘DIYonlineblinds’ or ‘We’ or ‘Us’ means DIYonlineblinds.com.au Pty Ltd (ABN: 96 168 941 599).
‘At a distance’ means you communicating with us via our website, email or telephone.
Our Sales Literature invites you to order goods from us via an Order Form
Once you complete the Order Form or confirm to us conclusively in some other fashion from a distance (eg. Email or phone) that you wish to proceed with your Order we will provide you with an acknowledgment of order by email. This email does not necessarily constitute our acceptance of your Order this may come in a later email – so read its terms carefully.
Once we notify you by email that we have accepted your Order a binding contract for the supply of Goods exists between us (a ‘Contract’). If we fail to confirm our acceptance of your Order in an email for any reason, our acceptance will be deemed to have occurred when we dispatch the Goods to you.
Our respective cancelation rights are outlined in points 4 and 5 below.
3. Price and payments
The Price will be the price shown on the Order Form and will include all taxes applicable.
In addition to the Price, a delivery charge may be payable in respect of all deliveries to locations within Australia other than orders for sample swatches. The delivery charge will be that shown on the order confirmation section of the DIYonlineblinds website at the time you place your order.
If there are any change in the delivery charge payable we will notify you before your order is accepted by us and ask you to confirm that you wish to proceed with your order.
Payment is due at the time you place your Order and we will debit the price plus any delivery charges from your credit or debit card when you supply us with your details during the Order process.
Any omission or error on our website, including online pricing, quotation, order acknowledgement, sales literature, invoice or other documents issued by us will be corrected by us without liability.
4. 2 Day Express Blinds
We offer our most popular products with the option of an Express service, having the Goods for your Order manufactured in 2 working days.
The 2 days begin the next Victorian working day after your Order is placed (for orders placed before midday on a working day), which allows for time to process your Order, conform any questions we might have regarding your Order and to have your Order placed in the factory workflow.
We will then have your Goods manufactured in 2 days to then be shipped from our factory to you on the 3rd.
You place your order at 11am Monday, your order will be processed on the Monday and manufactured on the Tuesday and Wednesday. It will then be dispatched on the Thursday.
You place your order at 3pm Monday, your order will be processed on the Tuesday and manufactured on the Wednesday and Thursday. It will then be dispatched on the Friday.
PLEASE NOTE: All orders received over the weekend will be processed on the Monday (when it is not a publice holiday) for dispatch on the Thursday.
Please note that depending on your location, the courier company may not collect your order immediately and/or they may in fact store it on their premises before it is forwarded to you. This is however out of our control.
From time to time we may experience delays to this service and at times a 3rd day may be required to complete your Order. In these circumstances if there is to be more than 1 day delay we will contact you as soon as we become aware of the delay to you Order to notify you and where appropriate organise to refund the premium to the Price you have payed for our Express service.
If part of your Order is Express and the remainder is regular manufacturing we will ship your order as the Goods are completed. In such instances they will arrive in multiple consignments.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact our friendly staff to discuss.
5. Cancellation by you
As all of our products are custom made to your specifications you are unable to cancel your order once your Order has been accepted by us. However we want to do all that we can to ensure that you have a positive experience when purchasing from us. If you change your mind before your goods have been dispatched please contact us as soon as possible, as we may still be able to halt the production process. If this is the case we may be able to refund to you what you have paid, less what ever costs have already been incurred in the processing and manufacturing of your order, but cannot be guaranteed.
6. Cancellation by us
We reserve the right to cancel the Contract or decline your Order if:
- We have insufficient stock of the fabric or product required to manufacture and/or supply the Goods;
- Any of the Goods were listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information made by us;
- If you are not ordering from within Australia
If we do cancel your Order we will notify you as soon as possible and will re-credit to you any monies you have already paid us relating to your Order within 30 days of your Order.
Although we appreciate that you may be disappointed in such circumstances we will not be able to offer you any compensation for disappointment you may suffer.
7. Stock shortages
If the Goods or the fabric you Order are unavailable we will notify you as soon as possible and suggest a suitable replacement.
8. Product description and measurement
The product information and photographs contained in our Sales Literature are provided for illustrative purposes only and we cannot warrant that they are accurate. We always recommend that you use our free sample service.
Our fabrics and materials are produced in batches and whilst all care is taken to maintain consistency from batch to batch at times there can be small discrepancies. All discrepancies are within industry standards. We therefore cannot guarantee that samples will exactly match the final product made for you. Since custom Orders cannot be returned, you must be sure that you can tolerate these minor dye lot colour variations that may occur compared to the samples shown.
Whilst every effort is made by us to ensure that Goods sold and delivered to you match in every respect any sample or description we may have shown or given or sent to you, minor or immaterial variation or change in colour or pattern between sample or description and the Goods delivered shall not entitle you to reject the Goods nor to claim any compensation for such variation or change.
9. Delivering your goods
We aim to deliver your Goods to the address you have provided on the Order Form for delivery within 21 days of the date of your Order unless we confirm a later date with you.
If we give you a specific date on which we expect to deliver the Goods, whilst we shall make every endeavor to meet that date it is an estimate only and is subject to change.
Ownership of, and risk in, the Goods will pass to you once they have been delivered to you. If you return the Goods ownership of, and risk in the Goods returned will pass to us on receipt of the Goods by us.
If more than one item is ordered we may deliver the Goods in instalments and by different carriers.
Please contact us direct if you wish the Goods to be delivered anywhere other than Australia.
10. Defective goods
The customer shall have a period of 7 days following the delivery of Goods in which to examine the Goods and to notify us of any damage, defects or parts missing to the order (eg. Blinds, slats, brackets or any other portion of the Order). This type of claim will be evident once the packaging is open and will not be a defect that evolves over time. No claim for marks, holes, scratches or defects on the fabric or product after that date will be accepted and will be considered due to misuse or general wear and tear.
If your Goods are defective on delivery you are entitled to return them to us provided you have first contacted us through the telephone or email address set out in the Contact Us section of our website, giving us details of the defects, but only if we have agreed that the Goods should be returned to Us.
If we are satisfied to remake a defective blind instead of collection then it is your responsibility to dispose of this. Any remakes agreed by us will be on a like for like basis and we cannot accept any alterations. If it appears that the Goods are defective and we need to inspect this then we will promptly arrange:
- for a courier to collect the defective Goods from you any time between 7am – 7pm, between Monday and Friday. All you need to do is choose a day and the address you want us to pick up from in order to repair the Goods and return the repaired Goods to you, free of charge; or
- for a courier to collect the defective Goods from you and simultaneously deliver replacement Goods of similar quality and specifications, free of charge.
It is very important that the measurements you provide us with are accurate. We are sure you will understand that we cannot accept the return of Goods if the measurements you have provided to us are incorrect as we are unlikely to be able to resell them. If you would like guidance on how to take the required measurements accurately please contact us directly and we will be happy to help.
In addition to any statutory rights you may have we warrant that all Goods sold to you will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 5 years (10 years for PolyChoice Shutters & 20 years for PolyLux Shutters) from the delivery of Goods to you. This warranty includes all materials, mechanisms (cord locks and tilt gears) and components (brackets, wands, caps, etc.), which make up the blind.
If a defect arises within the warranty period, you can return them to us provided you have first contacted us giving details of the defects and we have agreed that the Goods should be returned to us.
Provided that the Goods have not been modified or subject to misuse, negligence, improper installments and improper cleaning and or the product fails as a result of normal wear and tear and if it appears to us after we have inspected the Goods that the Goods are defective we will promptly arrange:
- to repair the Goods and return the repaired Goods to you, free of charge; or deliver replacement Goods of similar quality and specification, free of charge; or
- at our sole discretion, arrange for a refund of the Price of the defective Goods by crediting your debit or credit card or sending you a cheque within 30 days of receipt of the defective Goods.
To activate the warranty you must contact us to arrange the return of the Goods. DIYblinds will cover the cost of transport for the first 12 months of the warranty period only. After the first 12 months you are responsible for returning the damaged Goods along with the original sales invoice and receipt. As our office is not equipped to receive large packages we will instruct you on where the Goods are to be sent.
This warranty is not transferable.
13. Best Price Guarantee
In the unlikely event you find our products offered for sale cheaper, we’ll better the competitors price by 10% subject to the following:
The competitor has to be an established Blinds Retailer and their website needs to be an e-commerce website.
- We do not offer ‘Best Price Guarantee’ against products sold on eBay or similar sites.
- The competitors website needs to be properly hosted with a registered domain name.
- The competitors website has to be Australian based.
- The competitors advertised price has to be verified by DIYonlineblinds staff.
- The competitors price has to be clearly advertised on their website (we will not normally attempt to beat any promotional price or any price offered to you as a special one off deal).
- We will only attempt to beat the price of like for like products produced by the same manufacturer.
- We reserve the right to refuse an attempt to beat the price of a competitor.
- We will not guarantee our ‘Best Price Guarantee’ in cases where products are offered on end of lines, one off special offers, clearance stock, seconds or below cost value.
No statement, description, or recommendation contained in any catalogue, price list, advertisement, communication, the pages of this website or by any employee or agent of DIYonlineblinds shall be interpreted so as to enlarge, vary or override in any way any of these terms and conditions.
15. Events beyond our control
We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver Goods you have ordered or for any delay in doing so or for any change of the specified delivery date or for any damage or defect to Goods delivered that is caused by an event or circumstances beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, third party default, strikes, lock outs and other industrial disputed, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.