The first crucial step before measuring your windows is deciding whether you want your blinds to sit on the inside of the window frame as a recess fit, or on the outside of the frame as a face fit, as this will determine where you take your measurements from.
If you’re unsure, a face fit is your best option if there are obstructions such as window/door handles which may prevent your blind from closing smoothly in the recess.
Measuring Your Windows
The number of panels will determine the combination of blinds. Do not split the blinds over the middle of a glass panel, always divide over the timber or aluminium mullion.
Make sure the chains have a position to secure the child safety device.
Make sure measurements A & B add up to the overall width of the Bi-Fold doors.
Essential Measuring Tips
- If you have any questions don’t hesitate to call us on 1300 918 390
- For help deciding on a fit, email a photo of you window(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use metal tape measure
- Provide measurements in millimetres
- Double check all of your measurements
- Specify width and drop when writing your measurements to ensure you don’t reverse them
- Only provide the exact measurements, do not make deductions to allow clearance
- Measure every window as they may have slight variations that will prevent your blinds from fitting perfectly