Before you get going
Double curtains that hang from your ceiling are called ceiling mount:
- give a sense of space and draw focus to the height of your room
- curtains are best attached to ceiling battens
- great option for a straight edge ceiling and to fit inside cornices
- enjoy day and night privacy with sheer + blockout double curtains
- for a designer look have your light and airy sheers at the front in an S fold
- for a slimmer projection choose a knife or pencil pleat for your rear blockouts and add motorisation to effortlessly switch between day and night privacy
- keep it on trend with a left stack or right stack or pick centre opening curtains for easy access to both sides of your window
- choose your dream finish - puddled sheers look fabulously relaxed combined with blockout curtains just off the floor
- pick your perfect hem and for premium linens opt for our 100 mm hem for a luxe look
- opt for our designer or residential track in white to blend seamlessly with light walls and in black or silver to tie in with similar features in your home
- for larger drops go for a longer wand or no wand at all
- if you have built in pelmets check they're at least 250 mm deep to fit your double track
- looking for something unique? Contact us about our designer curtain rods and different fabrics
Measuring up is easy, here's how to do it:
1 Check your depth
If you have a built in pelmet check you have at least 250 mm of depth inside your pelmet so you can fit both curtains.
Our double curtains project between 220 mm and 250 mm out from your wall and you can reduce your projection by customising your curtain styles. Our slimmest, designer option that needs 220 mm of depth is a sheer S fold combined with a pencil or knife pleat for your blockouts.
2 Measure your width
Measure the exact width of your ceiling from one wall to the other, and write it down. If you have cornices, you'll measure from the inside of your cornices. This measurement will be your track width.
Don't worry about measuring how much fabric you need, we'll take care of that for you based on your track width.
3 Measure your drop
Measure from your ceiling down to the floor on the left side, middle and right side. If you have cornices, you'll measure from the inside of your cornice. Write down the largest of all three.
Go for puddling if your 3 measurements have a greater than 10 mm difference.
4 Choose your finish
For curtains just off the floor, the largest measurement you took will be your curtain drop.
For curtains touching the floor, add 5 mm to the largest measurement. This measurement will be your curtain drop.
For curtains to puddle, add between 20 to 50 mm to the largest measurement. This measurement will be your curtain drop. The more mm you add, the more fabric you'll have puddled on the floor. Yep, it's that easy. Once you order, we'll take care of everything else so that your curtains hang perfectly.
Remember you can combine two different finishes and it's best to note down which finish you want for each curtain along with the measurement. Our top tip? Puddled sheers look fabulously relaxed combined with blockout curtains just off the floor.
5 Choose your wand and how your curtains open
Note down which wand you want. It sounds obvious, but the larger your drop, the larger your wand needs to be so you can reach it.
Also note down whether you want left stack, right stack, or centre opening curtains. Think about which side is easiest to reach, obstruction free and which part of your window you'll want to open often. If you're adding motorisation your motor will sit on your stack side and for centre opening curtains you'll need to choose which side your motor is on. We’ll make sure your motor fits, you don’t need to alter the measurements you took.
6 Call us to order your double curtains
You're all set to order your curtains! Please call us on 1300 918 390.
You'll choose your hem option when you order. Just remember you don't need to add any extra to your measurements for your hem, we'll do it all for you.
If you order motorised curtains with a wired motor we'll mail out your cables straight away so you can get your electrician to start wiring.
Our hints and tips
Want to know our top tips for measuring up like a pro?
- Give us your measurements in millimetres (mm)
- Double check all of your measurements before you order
- Always write down 'width' and 'drop' next to your measurements, so you don't reverse them by accident!
- Note down which finish you want for each curtain (sheer and blockout) along with the correct drop measurement.
- Only give us the exact measurements we ask for. Our team custom makes your curtains to fit your windows.
- They make standard deductions to your drop to account for your chosen look and tracks, so you don't have to.
- Measure every window. The beauty of each house is that each window may have slight variations in size,
- and we want all your curtains to fit perfectly.
- We know every home is unique and we're just a phone call away if you need to chat- 1300 918 390
- For help deciding on a mount, you can email a photo of you window(s) to our team: email@example.com