Before you get going
Blinds that sit outside the frame are called face fit
- usually attached to the part of the window frame facing you
- ideal fit for bedrooms
- our customers often pick blockout fabrics
- don't let much light in down the sides
- best fit to get around chunky obstructions
- back rolling blinds are recommended where possible
- add motorisation for effortless luxury, you can choose either wired or battery motors for your blinds
- go for a pelmet for a luxe look, available in 4 neutral colours or to match your custom blind fabric
- choose the 100 mm pelmet for a slimline look and the 120 mm pelmet for large windows
- match your chain, bracket and base rail colour to your blind fabric, or choose a contrasting colour to tie in with other features in your home
Measuring up is easy; we just need to know three things: your width and your drop measurements, and which side you'd like your chain on. Here's how to do it:
1 Measure your width
Measure the exact outside width of your window frame across the top, and write it down. This measurement will be your bracket to bracket width.
2 Measure your drop
Measure the height of your window frame from the top of the frame down to where you’d like the blind to finish, and write it down. This may be at the bottom of the frame, just above the floor, or to match up with other blinds in your room.
3 Choose your chain side
Make a note of which side you'd like your chain to be on. Think about which side is easiest to reach, obstruction free and where the chain will be least visible.
4 Order your custom blinds online
You're all set to order your blinds!
If you want to add a pelmet to your order, just choose your size (100 mm or 120 mm) and know we'll do all the hard work so it fits like a dream. We don't need any extra measurements.Design & order
Our hints and tips
Want to know our top tips for measuring up like a pro?
- Give us your measurements in millimetres (mm)
- Double check all of your measurements before you order
- Always write down 'width' and 'drop' next to your measurements, so you don't reverse them by accident!
- Only give us the exact measurements we ask for. Our team custom makes your blinds to fit your windows.
- They make standard deductions to account for your brackets, so you don't have to.
- Measure every window. The beauty of each house is that each window may have slight variations in size,
- and we want all your blinds to fit perfectly.
- We know every home is unique and we're just a phone call away if you need to chat- 1300 918 390
- For some extra help deciding on your perfect fit, you can email a photo of you window(s) to our team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to install?
Have a question? We’re here to help
1300 918 390
Mon to Fri 8am - 7pm & Sat 10am - 3pm