- Stylish modern look
- Cord lock or chain driven
- Low maintenance
- Provide maximum privacy
- Great insulation ability
BlockoutBlockout fabrics offer the ultimate level of privacy, day and night while helping to insulate the room. Blockout fabrics offer room darkening capabilities. They are ideal for bedrooms and home theatre/ TV rooms. PLEASE NOTE: Roman Blinds may have a small amount of light coming through the sewing lines of the blind. The weight of larger blinds will emphasise the amount of light that can pass through these small holes. We use market leading manufacturing technology to minimise the size of all sewing holes.
Light FilteringLight Filtering fabrics screen out harsh light, but do not allow a view through. They bring texture or patterns to light coming into a room whilst providing daytime and night time privacy.
SunscreenSunscreen fabrics allow for heat and light control while maintaining your view. Perfect for reducing glare and heat in a room exposed to the sun. Layer with Blockout fabrics for night time privacy.
Minimum & Maximum Sizes AvailableWidth: 300mm – 2700mm (restrictions apply to some fabrics)Height: 600mm – 2700mm
Please note: All blind widths over 2400mm are considered oversized. Although we utilise the latest technologies in manufacturing, blinds of this size run the risk of a slight wavering to the fabric along the pockets. This is considered standard for sewn pocket roman blinds of these dimensions and is not considered a manufacturing fault. As a result no warranty claim against this aspect of the product will be considered.
Roller blinds are available in both face fit and recess fit. Please note that the minimum recommended depth of a window recess is 60mm for single rollers and 125mm for double rollers. When using in a recess fit it is important to ensure that things such as window winders and handles will not obstruct the blind (please use the recess t depth requirement as a guide to how much space is need for the blind to clear obstructions).
We do not offer Roman Blinds with a recess mount option and recommend that blinds are to be face mounted only. This is standard practice within the Australian Soft Furnishing industry for the following reasons:
- The cord control for a Roman Blind sits behind the fabric. Therefore if a Roman Blind is installed in a recess it would be necessary to push the fabric of the blind to one side in order to access the cord. Over time this will cause damage to your Roman Blind.
- The fabric of a Roman Blind will take time to settle and if installed within a recess will over time become too long for the recess.
- Most windows aren’t square and a Roman Blind installed in a recess will most likely look crooked and without an even gap on its sides.
If you purchase a Roman Blind with the intention of installing in a window recess it will not be covered by our 5 Year Warranty for any of the reasons listed above.
- Do not use cleaning products to clean your blinds as they may damage the fabric or compromise the colour
- General dusting is suitable and should be done regularly to maintain your blinds
- For spot cleaning, remove as much dust as possible before wiping with a damp cloth
- Refer to individual fabric properties for additional cleaning instructions
NOTE: This product is recommended for domestic use only and is not recommended for commercial applications. All products supplied by DIYonlineblinds.com.au include all installation components and detailed instructions to ensure the perfect fit.
HeadboardOur standard headboard for a Roman Blind is 40mm.Dropping & Settling of FabricAfter installing your Roman Blind, it may appear that the drop is shorter than what was ordered. This is due to the fabric needing time to drop and settle out of the folds. The time it takes for a blind to drop and settle will be dependent upon the size and weight of the blind. In some cases this may take a few weeks to occur.
By following our measuring instructions you will ensure that your Roman Blinds will fit as desired.
Lining up blinds
This product is recommended for domestic use only and is not recommended for commercial applications. All products supplied by DIYonlineblinds.com.au include all installation components and detailed instructions to ensure the perfect fit.