Vertical Blinds are commonly used to cover sliding doors and large windows. They provide complete privacy when closed but can be easily rotated to allow some light in or a complete view outside. Available in a wide range of materials, colours and fabrics, vertical blinds are a great practical and stylish window furnishing option.
The first crucial step before measuring your windows is deciding whether you want your blinds to sit on the inside of the window frame as a recess fit, or on the outside of the frame as a face fit, as this will determine where you take your measurements from.
If you’re unsure, a face fit is your best option if there are obstructions such as window handles which may prevent your blind from closing smoothly in the recess.
Before settling on a Recess Fit
You will need a depth of 135mm for the blind to fit neatly inside the recess for 127mm slats and 97mm depth for 89mm slats. If you don’t have enough depth we recommend using a Face Fit.
Essential Measuring Tips
- If you have any questions don’t hesitate to call us on 1300 918 390
- For help deciding on a fit, email a photo of you window(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use metal tape measure
- Provide measurements in millimetres
- Double check all of your measurements
- Specify width and drop when writing your measurements to ensure you don’t reverse them
- Only provide the exact measurements, do not make deductions to allow clearance. Our factory will make all necessary deductions to ensure the perfect fit.
- Measure every window as they may have slight variations that will prevent your blinds from fitting perfectly