Before you get going
curtains that hang from your ceiling are called ceiling mount:
- give a sense of space and draw focus to the height of your room
- curtains are best attached to ceiling battens
- great option for a straight edge ceiling and to fit inside cornices
- opt for a double track to layer curtains, and check out some gorgeous inspiration
- choose from 3 looks - just off the floor, touching the floor or puddled
- pick a curved, designer track or a simple, residential track
- go for sheers for a soft and floaty look and blockout fabrics to stop all light coming in
- keep it on trend with a left stack or right stack, or pick a centre opening for easy access to both sides of your window
- get the luxe look with an S fold or go traditional with pleated curtains
- for larger drops, go for a longer wand or no wand at all
- combine curtains with roller blinds, giving you all the options to control light and privacy
- looking for something unique? Contact us about our designer curtain rods and different fabrics
Measuring up is easy, here's how to do it:
1 Measure your width
Measure the exact width of your ceiling from one wall to the other, and write it down. If you have cornices, you'll measure from the inside of your cornices. This measurement will be your track width.
Don't worry about measuring how much fabric you need, we'll take care of that for you based on your track width.
2 Measure your drop
Measure from your ceiling down to the floor on the left side, middle and right side. If you have cornices, you'll measure from the inside of your cornice. Write down the largest of all three.
Go for puddling if your 3 measurements have a greater than 10 mm difference.
3 Choose your look
For curtains just off the floor, the largest measurement you took will be your curtain drop.
For curtains touching the floor, add 5 mm to the largest measurement. This measurement will be your curtain drop.
For curtains to puddle, add between 20 to 50 mm to the largest measurement. This measurement will be your curtain drop. The more mm you add, the more fabric you'll have puddled on the floor. Yep, it's that easy. Once you order, we'll take care of everything else so that your curtains hang perfectly.
4 Choose your wand and how your curtains open
Note down which wand you want. It sounds obvious, but the larger your drop, the larger your wand needs to be so you can reach it.
Also note down whether you want left stack, right stack, or centre opening curtains. Think about which side is easiest to reach, obstruction free and which part of your window you'll want to open often.
Our hints and tips
Want to know our top tips for measuring up like a pro?
- Give us your measurements in millimetres (mm)
- Double check all of your measurements before you order
- Always write down 'width' and 'drop' next to your measurements, so you don't reverse them by accident!
- Only give us the exact measurements we ask for. Our team custom makes your curtains to fit your windows.
- They make standard deductions to your drop to account for your chosen look and tracks, so you don't have to.
- Measure every window. The beauty of each house is that each window may have slight variations in size,
- and we want all your curtains to fit perfectly.
- We know every home is unique and we're just a phone call away if you need to chat- 1300 918 390
- For help deciding on a mount, you can email a photo of you window(s) to our team: firstname.lastname@example.org