Before you get going
Curtains that hang from your ceiling are called ceiling mount:
- give a sense of space and draw focus to the height of your room
- curtains are best attached to ceiling battens
- great option for a straight edge ceiling and to fit inside cornices
- opt for a double track to layer curtains (see our measure guide for double curtains)
- add motorisation for effortless luxury and choose wired or battery motors for your curtains
- go for sheers for a soft and floaty look and blockout fabrics to stop light coming in
- keep it on trend with a left stack or right stack and pick centre opening for easy access to both sides of your window
- get the luxe look with an S fold or go traditional with pleated curtains
- choose from 3 finishes - just off the floor, touching the floor or puddled
- pick your perfect hem and for premium linens opt for our 100 mm hem
- customise your track flow by choosing a fixed flow or free flow
- for larger drops, go for a longer wand or no wand at all
- opt for our designer or residential track in white to blend with light walls and in black or silver to tie in with similar features in your home
- combine curtains with roller blinds, giving you all the options to control light and privacy
- looking for something unique? Contact us about our designer curtain rods and different fabrics
Measuring up is easy, here's how to do it:
1 Measure your width
Measure the exact width of your ceiling from one wall to the other, and write it down. If you have cornices, you'll measure from the inside of your cornices. This measurement will be your track width.
Don't worry about measuring how much fabric you need; we'll take care of it for you based on your track width.
2 Measure your drop
Measure from your ceiling down to the floor on the left side, middle and right side. If you have cornices, you'll measure from the inside of your cornice. Write down the largest of all three.
Go for puddling if your 3 measurements have a greater than 10 mm difference.
3 Choose your finish
When you design and order your curtains choose from the three options below.
Please only provide the hard measurements to us and please don't make any deductions or additions. We'll make the necessary adjustments so you get the perfect finish.
If you choose curtains just off the floor they will be approximately 5 - 10 mm shorter than your drop measurement, and they will hover just above your floor.
If you choose curtains touching the floor they will skim your floor by up to 5 mm.
If you choose puddling your curtains will puddle on your floor by 20 mm. If you'd like a larger puddle let us know in the comment section during checkout.
4 Choose your wand, stack option and track flow
Note down which wand you want. It sounds obvious but the larger your drop, the larger your wand needs to be so you can reach it.
Also note down whether you want left stack, right stack, or centre opening curtains. Think about which side is easiest to reach, obstruction free and which part of your window you'll want to open often. If you're adding motorisation your motor will sit on your stack side and for centre opening curtains you'll need to choose which side your motor is on. We’ll make sure your motor fits; you don’t need to alter the measurements you took.
When you order you'll also need to choose between a fixed flow track and a free flow track. A free flow track gives you complete flexibility with how you open and stack your curtains. Motorisation is only available for fixed flow tracks.
5 Order your custom curtains online
You're all set to order your curtains! When you order you'll choose your hem option. Just remember you don't need to add any extra to your measurements for your hem; we'll do it for you.
Remember to only give us the exact measurements you took; don't make any deductions or additions for your chosen finish.
If you want to order a double track call us and we'll make it happen.
If you order motorised curtains with a wired motor we'll mail out your cables straight away, so your electrician can start wiring.Design & order
Our hints and tips
Want to know our top tips for measuring up like a pro?
- Give us your measurements in millimetres (mm).
- Double check all of your measurements before you order.
- Always write down 'width' and 'drop' next to your measurements, so you don't reverse them by accident!
- Only give us the exact measurements we ask for. Our team custom makes your curtains to fit your windows. They make standard adjustments to your drop to account for your chosen finish and tracks, so you don't have to.
- Measure every window. The size of your windows might vary slightly and we want all your curtains to fit perfectly!
- We know every home is unique and we're just a phone call away if you want advice: 1300 918 390.
- For help deciding on a mount email a photo of your window(s) to our team: email@example.com.